|Name||ALFRED UID||Locus Name||Locus Symbol|
|B65 Alu insertion||SI000701I||Cysteine and histidine-rich domain (CHORD)-containing, zinc binding protein 1||CHORDC1|
|Fst||Avg Het||# Populations Typed|
External Resources: GenBank sequence Record GenBank sequence Record GenBank sequence Record GenBank sequence Record Typing Information Record
References: See References
Polymorphism Description: This Alu insertion polymorphism is located on chromosome 11, ~6.7 kb downstream of exon 19 of NAALAD2 gene and ~1.76 kb downstream of CHORDC1 exon 11.
AGTTTACTT [ALU] (A)14(TAAA)3(A)5T(A)11 AGTTTACTT shows the flanking nucleotide sequences of B65. The composition of the 3' oligo (dA) tail is denoted by the appropriate nucleotide in parenthesis followed by the length in subscripts. The nucleotide sequences comprising the flanking direct repeats of each Alu element are in bold.
|Allele Name||Allele Symbol||Description|
- Comas D, Calafell F, Benchemsi N, Helal A, Lefranc G, Stoneking M, Batzer MA, Bertranpetit J, Sajantila A. "Alu insertion polymorphisms in NW Africa and the Iberian Peninsula: evidence for a strong genetic boundary through the Gibraltar Straits". Hum Genet 107:312-9. (2000) Online citation.
- Deininger PL, Sherry ST, Risch G, Donaldson C, Robichaux MB, Soodyall H, Jenkins T, Sheen F-m, Swergold G, Stoneking M, Batzer MA. "Interspersed repeat insertion polymorphisma for studies of human molecular anthropology. In Genomic diversity: Applications in human population genetics (ed. Papiha, Deka, and Chakraborty)". New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers 201-212. (1999)
- Nasidze I, Risch GM, Robichaux M, Sherry ST, Batzer MA, Stoneking M. "Alu insertion polymorphisms and the genetic structure of human populations from the Caucasus". Eur J Hum Genet 9:267-72. (2001) Online citation.
- Stoneking M, Fontius JJ, Clifford SL, Soodyall H, Arcot SS, Saha N, Jenkins T, Tahir MA, Deininger PL, Batzer MA. "Alu insertion polymorphisms and human evolution: evidence for a larger population size in Africa ". Genome Res 7:1061-71. (1997) Online citation.
- Watkins WS, Ricker CE, Bamshad MJ, Carroll ML, Nguyen SV, Batzer MA, Harpending HC, Rogers AR, Jorde LB. "Patterns of ancestral human diversity: An analysis of Alu-insertion and restriction-site polymorphisms". Am J Hum Genet 68:738-752. (2001) Online citation.
- Xiao FX, Yang JF, Cassiman JJ, Decorte R "Diversity at eight polymorphic Alu insertion loci in Chinese populations shows evidence for European admixture in an ethnic minority population from northwest China". Hum Biol 74:555-68. (2002) Online citation.
© 2012 Kenneth K Kidd, Yale University. All rights reserved. The full Copyright Notification is also available.
Originally prototyped by Michael Osier with the aid of Kei Cheung
Upgrades and maintenance since 2002 by Haseena Rajeevan