Sample Name: Greenland Native
Sample UID: SA000689X
Sample Description:Samples were collected from Greenland.
Number of Chromosomes: 100
Relation to Other Samples: Superset of sample SA000543M
References:- Batzer MA, Arcot SS, Phinney JW, Alegria-Hartman M, Kass DH, Milligan SM, Kimpton C, Gill P, Hochmeister M, Ioannou PA, Herrera RJ, Boudreau DA, Scheer WD, Keats BJB, Deininger PL, Stoneking M. "Genetic variation of recent Alu Insertions in human populations". J Mol Evol 42:22-29. (1996) Online citation.
- Romualdi C, Balding D, Nasidze IS, Risch G, Robichaux M, Sherry ST, Stoneking M, Batzer MA, Barbujani G. "Patterns of human diversity, within and among continents, inferred from Biallilic DNA polymorphisms". Genome Res 12:602-612. (2002) Online citation.
- Stoneking M, Fontius JJ, Clifford SL, Soodyall H, Arcot SS, Saha N, Jenkins T, Tahir MA, Deininger PL, Batzer MA. "Alu insertion polymorphisms and human evolution: evidence for a larger population size in Africa
". Genome Res 7:1061-71. (1997) Online citation.
Sample Name: Greenland Inuit
Sample UID: SA003645S
Sample Description:This sample is part of an multi-ethnic study of Canadians of Greenland Inuit descent. All subjects for the current study were collected from one of the following population studies: 1) the Study of Health Assessment and Risk in Ethnic Groups 2) the Sandy Lake Health and Diabetes Project and 3) the Greenland Population Study.
Number of Chromosomes: 2194
Relation to Other Samples:
References:- Al-Attar SA, Pollex RL, Ban MR, Young TK, Bjerregaard P, Anand SS, Yusuf S, Zinman B, Harris SB, Hanley AJ, Connelly PW, Huff MW, Hegele RA. "Association between the FTO rs9939609 polymorphism and the metabolic syndrome in a non-Caucasian multi-ethnic sample". Cardiovasc Diabetol. 7:(2008) Online citation.
Sample Name: Innuits
Sample UID: SA002418P
Sample Description:This sample consists of Innuits ( a population of Asian origin) living in Greenland.
Number of Chromosomes: 82
References:- Magierowska M, Lepage V, Boubnova L, Carcassi C, de Juan D, Djoulah S, El Chenawi F, Grunnet N, Hallé L, Ivanova R, Jungerman M, Naumova E, Petrany G, Sonnerborg A, Stavropoulos C, Thorsby E, Vu-Trieu A, Debré P, Theodorou I, Charron D "Distribution of the CCR5 gene 32 base pair deletion and SDF1-3'A variant in healthy individuals from different populations". Immunogenetics. 48:417-9. (1998) Online citation.
Sample Name: Greenland Natives
Sample UID: SA000496T
Number of Chromosomes: 84
Sample UID: SA000596U
Number of Chromosomes: 118
Relation to Other Samples: Superset of sample SA000548R
Sample Name: Inuit
Sample UID: SA003343N
Sample Description:This sample consists of Inuit between Ilulissat and Nuuk.
Note: This sample information is not fully curated. For additional information about the sample, consult the publications under "References". The sample was entered as part of data submission by Eisenberg DA.
Number of Chromosomes: 196
References:- Boudreau DA, Scheer WD, Malcom GT, Mulvad G, Pedersen HS, Jul E. "Apolipoprotein E and atherosclerosis in Greenland Inuit". Atherosclerosis. 145:207-19.. (1999) Online citation.
- Eisenberg DA, Kuzawa, CW, Hayes MG "Worldwide allele frequencies of the human apolipoprotein E
(APOE) gene: climate, local adaptations and evolutionary
history". American Journal of Physical Anthropology 143:100-11. (2010) Online citation.
Sample UID: SA000665R
Relation to Other Samples: Superset of sample SA000496T
References:- Arcot SS, Adamson AW, Risch GW, LaFleur J, Robichaux MB, Lamerdin JE, Carrano AV, Batzer MA "High-resolution cartography of recently integrated human chromosome 19-specific Alu fossils". J Mol Biol 281:843-56. (1998) Online citation.
- Batzer MA, Arcot SS, Phinney JW, Alegria-Hartman M, Kass DH, Milligan SM, Kimpton C, Gill P, Hochmeister M, Ioannou PA, Herrera RJ, Boudreau DA, Scheer WD, Keats BJB, Deininger PL, Stoneking M. "Genetic variation of recent Alu Insertions in human populations". J Mol Evol 42:22-29. (1996) Online citation.
Sample UID: SA000547Q
Relation to Other Samples: Subset of sample SA000496T
Sample UID: SA000558S
- Batzer MA, Stoneking M, Alegria-Hartman M, Bazan H, Kass DH, Shaikh TH, Novick GE, Ioannou PA, Scheer WD, Herrera RJ, Deininger PL. "African origin of human-specific polymorphic Alu insertions". Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 91:12288-12292. (1994) Online citation.
© 2012 Kenneth K Kidd, Yale University. All rights reserved. The full Copyright Notification is also available.Originally prototyped by Michael Osier with the aid of Kei CheungUpgrades and maintenance since 2002 by Haseena Rajeevan