|Population Name||Sample Name||ALFRED UID||Number of Chromosomes|
|Jews, Ethiopian||Ethiopian Jews, Unrelated||SA000015G||64|
Estimated heterozygosities for various sites:
Sample Description: Unrelated Ethiopian Jews collected by Prof. B. Bonne-Tamir as part of the repository of samples on Israeli populations (National Laboratory for the Genetics of Israeli Populations). A sample being routinely studied in the laboratory of Drs. K. and J. Kidd.
- Kang AM, Palmatier MA, Kidd KK. "Global variation of a 40-bp VNTR in the 3'-untranslated region of the dopamine transporter gene (SLC6A3)". Biological Psychiatry 46:151-60. (1999) Online citation.
- Kidd JR, Black FL, Weiss KM, Balazs I, Kidd KK. "Studies of three Amerindian populations using nuclear DNA polymorphisms.". Human Biology 63:775. (1991) Online citation.
- Kidd KK et al. http://info.med.yale.edu/genetics/kkidd/pops.html
- Kidd KK, Kidd JR, Bonne-Tamir B, New MI. "Genetic diversity among Jews, Diseases and Markers at the DNA Level". Bonne-Tamir B and Adam A, Eds. (Oxford University Press, Oxford) 33-44. (1992)
- Kidd KK, Morar B, Castiglione CM, Zhao H, Pakstis AJ, Speed WC, Bonne-Tamir B, Lu RB, Goldman D, Lee C, Nam YS, Grandy DK, Jenkins T, Kidd JR. "A global survey of haplotype frequencies and linkage disequilibrium at the DRD2 locus". Hum. Genet. 103:211-27. (1998) Online citation.
- Tishkoff SA, Goldman A, Calafell F, Speed WC, Deinard AS, Bonne-Tamir B, Kidd JR, Pakstis AJ, Jenkins T, Kidd KK. "A global haplotype analysis of the myotonic dystrophy locus: implications for the evolution of modern humans and for the origin of myotonic dystrophy mutations". Am. J. Hum. Genet. 62:1389-402. (1998) Online citation.
- Zoossmann-Disken A, Ticher A, Hakim I, Goldwitch Z, Rubinstein A, Bonne-Tamir B. "Genetic affinities of Ethiopian Jews. affinities of Ethiopian Jews". Israel J. of Med. Sciences 27:245. (1991) Online citation.
© 2012 Kenneth K Kidd, Yale University. All rights reserved. The full Copyright Notification is also available.
Originally prototyped by Michael Osier with the aid of Kei Cheung
Upgrades and maintenance since 2002 by Haseena Rajeevan